You want to use the hidden setting with which YOU get to decide where you will be zwifting today?
You want easy access to set trainer effect (also called resistance level) before you launch Zwift?
You can use ZwiftPref on both macOS and Windows to do this and more…
What is ZwiftPref?
ZwiftPref is an app for your macOS or Windows computer which helps you change settings for Zwift in the prefs.xml file in an easy and safe way.
How to use
After installation, launch the ZwiftPref app.
prefs.xml is loaded into the app when it starts and when you press the ‘Reload’ button.
Change settings as you like and press ‘Save’ to have the changes written back to prefs.xml. The changes will then apply the next time you start Zwift.
If you close/quit the app without pressing ‘Save’ nothing is changed in prefs.xml
md5 checksum: 124c3f302a80b14706354da01c05c802
You will have to adjust some security settings. See the section ‘Security settings’ in the post ZwiftMap for macOS is here. It is the same for ZwiftPref.
md5 checksum: f08c19340399af27dc6bc8040e195247
- Fully data driven listing of worlds and routes (preparing for a new world)
- Remember and recall preferred monitor (stores the information in a separate file named saved_prefs.json)
- Supports –offline parameter to not read any data from the web (routes list, event schedule, map schedule)
- For development/test: Supports –test parameter to use local file routes-test.json as input (use with –offline)
- Choose sport (Riding or Running)
- More routes
- Open prefs.xml in a text editor
- Change more settings
- Pick routes
- See upcoming events
- All platforms: First release
The announcement posts provide a lot more information:
UPDATE: This was the original announcement of ZwiftPref. The most recent information can be found over at the main page for the app. You want to make use the...Read More
This license applies only to the original parts of the work. The original licenses of any included packages apply without modification.