The online ZWO editor from ZwiftHacks lets you create a custom Zwift workout from a simple text input.
Here you have an easy way to create a workout with predefined steps given duration and power target. The power target can be
- an absolute number (in watt)
- a percentage of FTP
- a zone number from 1 to 6 (the zones are the same as Zwift uses)
There are other more advanced workout editors out there, should you need more than this.
It can also create a Zwift workout (ZWO) directly from more complex multi-column text inputs such as a list of race intervals in a race plan from Best Bike Split or other tools.
When you press the ‘Create’ button the input is analysed and a workout with
SteadyState steps is created.
Each line in the input field is analysed by itself. If it does not have a format which Simple ZWO Creator recognises, it will simply be ignored.
The lines which go into the workout must have this format:
- The line must start with either ‘#’ immediately followed by a number or just a number.
- After the number there must be one or more white space characters (space or tab) followed by a duration (eight characters in the format hh:mm:ss).
- After the duration there must be one or more white space characters.
- The line must end with a number (one or more digits) followed by either nothing (i.e. end of line), white space, or one of the strings ‘%’, ‘w’, ‘watt’, or ‘watts’ (case doesn’t matter) plus nothing but white space until the end of the line.
The number may be immediately preceeded by the letter ‘z’ (case doesn’t matter), In general, if the ‘power’ number is less than or equal to 6, it will be interpreted as a power zone
Everything between duration and power is completely ignored so these two examples will result in the same:
Interval hh:mm:ss Power 1 00:01:47 193
gives the same result as
Interval Int. Time Total Time Int. Dist. Total Dist. Grade Speed Power #1 00:01:47 00:01:47 0.81 km 0.81 km +0.71 % 27.03 km/h 193 watts
In this example the power number is less than or equal to 6, so it will be interpreted as a power zone:
Interval hh:mm:ss Zone 1 00:01:47 2